• A follower of Jesus Christ
• 35 years of fundraising experience
• Raised over $500 million in more than 50 capital campaigns and over 40 non-campaign philanthropy building initiatives
• Campaign goals range from $1 million to $250 million in size
• Former Vice President for Development, Director of Development, Director of The Annual Fund and Major Gifts Officer for universities and hospitals
• Former President, Partner and Consultant for fundraising counsel companies
• M.P.A. and B.A., Louisiana State University
Lee works with nonprofit organizations and institutions of all sizes, sectors and missions.
Lee began his career as Director of The Annual Fund at Louisiana State University and set consistent records for money raised and alumni participation. At Millikin University, Lee served as Director of Development and led preparations for a comprehensive $250 million capital campaign. Direct reports to him were the Offices of Research and Records, Alumni Relations and The Annual Fund. At the University of South Florida at St. Petersburg, Lee was the Director of Advancement and tasked with refitting advancement operations for the launch of a system wide capital campaign. Lee served as Executive Director of the Capital Campaign and Assistant Vice President for Advancement during Jacksonville University’s successful $58 million campaign. His work at The Palmetto Health Foundation as Vice President of Development focused on growing major gifts and building planned giving.
Interspersed in his career as a nonprofit staff leader, Lee worked on behalf of a wide variety of nonprofit organizations as a fundraising consultant for Ketchum, Inc. initially, and later with National Community Development Services. Further into his career, Lee served as Vice President for Advancement and President of Corporate DevelopMint, as a Partner for Convergent Nonprofit Solutions, and Senior Consultant for the Winkler Group.
Lee was a CFRE for 22 years, a member of CASE for 31 years and an attendee of AHP Conferences for 13 years. He is a faith-based, value-driven professional.