Thinking about a Capital Campaign for your Catholic Charities agency? Not sure if you’re ready?
Greater Mission has a track record of success in working with Catholic Charities around the United States in positioning them for successful fundraising campaigns by starting with a Development Audit.
A Greater Mission Audit of Development activities of an agency of any size — large or small — is essentially a 360-degree look at the effectiveness of all functions of the department. Conducted by an experienced senior staff member from our firm, an audit of this nature takes about 6 weeks and provides the staff and Agency leadership an ideal “readiness roadmap.”
The Audit includes a review of fundraising performance, marketing and public relations efforts, confidential interviews with Board Members, Donors and staff, and a 3-year lookback at the annual fund and any prior campaigns.
Boards and Executive Directors like them, and Catholic Charities audits are a popular, easy, low-cost campaign readiness assessment. Here are just a few of the key questions that will be answered through a Development Audit:
• Has an environment conducive to effective fundraising been created at the agency?
• Is the necessary volunteer and leadership support in place to maximize potential?
• How is the development office perceived externally and internally?
• Are there development best practices and methodologies in place?
• Is there potential to increase fundraising productivity?
• Are there sufficient staff, resources and budgets to implement a plan to meet and exceed goals?
• What written plans for donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship are in place?
• How can overall agency infrastructure be strengthened to advance fundraising?
• What steps and in what order must be implemented to achieve success?
• Is the current staff able to “pivot” and adopt a best practice model?
• Are we creating an environment of donor appreciation?
Not sure if your Catholic Charities agency is ready for a Capital Campaign? A Greater Mission Development Audit can lead you to the answer. We’re here to help.
Greater Mission’s Catholic fundraising consultants serve the Church and faith-based organizations.
Learn how our firm can help you inspire faithful generosity.